Winter Storm Cancellations, Postponements and Closings in Bedford
We're keeping a running list of the businesses, events, meetings and more that the nor'easter, a potential blizzard, is impacting.
The cancellations and closings due to the nor'easter started coming in well over 24 hours before the worst of the storm was expected to strike.
We're keeping a running list of the changes we've heard about. If you know of a closing, postponement or cancellations, PLEASE add it in the comments below. We'll need everyone pitching in to keep this list as informative and helpful as possible.
School and Child Care Closings
- Bedford Public Schools will be closed Friday due to the blizzard, including Bedford High School, John Glenn Middle School, Lane Elementary School,Davis Elementary School and the integrated Pre-School.
- Middlesex Community College has also canceled all day classes and events scheduled for Tuesday.
- Bright Horizons on Crosby Drive is also closed Friday due to the storm.
- Flatbread Pizza will be closing at 3 p.m. on Friday.
- Whole Foods Market will close at 3 p.m. Friday due to the storm.
School Sporting Events:
- Dual County League track meet has been moved to Sunday, Feb. 10 at 2pm at the Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center.
- Bedford High School boys basketball has been postponed and will be played on Monday at 4 p.m. (JV) and 5:30 p.m. (Varsity).
- BHS girls basketball against Weston has been postponed. JV and Varsity will be played at 5:30 p.m. (JV) and 7 p.m. (Varsity) in Weston on Sunday. Freshmen has been canceled.
- Ice Hockey vs Wayland at New England Sports Center Saturday Night has been postponed
- Massachusetts courthouses and offices will close at 3 p.m. All first-day jurors scheduled for Springfield, Woburn, Somerville, Boston and Worcester are canceled.
- The Bedford Free Public Library will be closing at 1 p.m. Friday and we do not expect to open at all on Saturday. The library will be open on Sunday. The Chinese New Year Celebration will be postponed until Saturday, Feb. 23 at 2 p.m.
- MBTA service has been suspended on all lines effective 3:30 PM on Friday, Feb. 8th including T, commuter rail and bus services.