It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do this weekend. Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities you'll want to take part in this weekend.
1. Musketaquid 2012 Winter Solstice
Where/When: Old Calf Pasture, 240 Lowell Rd, Concord; 6 p.m., Friday, Dec. 21
Why Go: It's a chance to gather around the blazing riverside solstice fire with warm song and good friendship to celebrate light on this darkest night.
2. A Musical Tribute To Rock Guitar HeroesWhere/When:Concord's Colonial Inn, 48 Monument Sq, Concord; 8 p.m., Friday, Dec. 21 Why Go: It's a show featuring Tom Yates on guitar and vocals, Rick Maida on bass and Mike Avery on drums.
3. Holiday MarketWhere/When: Lexington Arts and Crafts Society, 130 Waltham St, Lexington; 10 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 22 Why Go: Because you can finish off your holiday shopping with one-of-a-kind gifts from the Lexington Arts and Crafts society's artisan guilds.
Pricing: Free 'til you buy
4. Live MusicWhere/When: Nourish, 1727 Massachusetts Ave, Lexington; 8 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 22 Why Go: Because Tim Gartland and Tom West preform live at Nourish.
Pricing: Free 'til you eat or drink.
5. The Velveteen RabbitWhere/When: The Benjamin Franklin Institute, 41 Berkeley St, Boston; 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 22 and Sunday, Dec. 23 Why Go: Now in its fourth season, this enchanting play featuring puppetry combined with live actors to create a magical experience for people of all ages, the Velveteen Rabbit focuses on the power of love and companionship.